Same day 2 hour London delivery
Delivery from £8.50 - Price Checker
Next day outside London
order by 17:30
Free 2 day delivery
on £200+ or 6 bottles

Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve NV Champagne 3.0L

In Stock
Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve
expand photo
  Single Bottles
Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve NV - 3.0L Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve NV - 3.0L   £295.95
In Bond Prices
Requires 2 working days
Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve
Description & Technical Information
Charles Heidsieck Brut Réserve NV contains a blend of 40% reserve wines (with an average age of ten years) and spends a minimum of three years ageing on the lees: twice the length required for a non-vintage. To achieve the depth and complexity of the House style, Charles Heidsieck then age their non-vintage for a further three years after disgorgement, again much longer than the legal requirement of just fifteen months. Chef de Cave, Cyril Brut sees the reserve wines used in the blending in two categories. 5-10 years old are 'vin medicines' - 'doctor wines', added to the blend, they affect the acidity, whilst the older reserve wines, 10-20 years old are 'vins d'épices' - 'spice wines' added for complexity and intensity. It is this large proportion of mature reserve wines and the extra ageing process that makes Brut Réserve NV one of the world's best non-vintage champagnes - often compared in quality to the prestige cuvées of other producers.

We are currently selling Charles Heidsieck Brut Réserve NV Jeroboam based on 2008, so 60% of the assemblage is from 2008 and the other 40% is a blend of reserves wines from older vintages.

Technical Information:
Vineyards: 100% Grand & Premier Cru | 60 Crus | Chardonnay: Oger | Pinot Noir: Ambonnay | Pinot Meunier: Verneuil
Grape Varieties: 40% Chardonnay, 40% Pinot Noir, 20% Pinot Meunier
Base Vintage: 2008
Reserve Wine: 40%
Ageing: 3 years on the lees
Disgorged: 2014
Dosage: 11.2 g/l
Cork: Mytik Diam Technological
Drink: Now to 2026

Tasting Note: Pale gold with fine and persistent bubbles, this has wonderfully complex aromas of ripe apricot and almond. On the palate it's extremely creamy, rich and fresh and also surprisingly nutty - likely a consequence of the age and high percentage of reserve wines. This is without doubt one of the best non-vintages around.

Just 125 jeroboams of Charles Heidsieck Brut Réserve NV have been released worldwide. This is the first time the House have produced their non-vintage in jeroboam format and they are beautifully presented in a branded Limited Edition wooden gift box (as shown in the bottom left picture).
Press Reviews
Champagne Charles Heidsieck Overview
Delivery Options
Gift Wrap & Cards
Charles Heidsieck History
More Charles Heidsieck Champagnes Vintage Overviews Grand & Premier Crus Explained