Same day 2 hour London delivery
Delivery from £8.50 - Price Checker
Next day outside London
order by 17:30
Free 2 day delivery
on £200+ or 6 bottles

Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve NV Champagne 75cl

In Stock
IWC Gold 2018
CSWWC Gold 2018
CSWWC Gold 2017
IWC Silver 2017
DWWA Silver 2017
CSWWC Gold 2016
DWWA Gold 2016
IWC Gold 2015
CSWWC Gold 2015
Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve
expand photo
Size bt per case In Bond
Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve NV
Price per Case
75cl 6 £176.00
Retail Prices
Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve
Description & Technical Information
-
Charles Heidsieck Brut Réserve NV contains a blend of 40% reserve wines (with an average age of ten years) and spends a minimum of three years ageing on the lees: twice the length required for a non-vintage. To achieve the depth and complexity of the House style, Charles Heidsieck then age their non-vintage for a further three years after disgorgement, again much longer than the legal requirement of just fifteen months. Chef de Cave, Cyril Brut sees the reserve wines used in the blending in two categories. 5-10 years old are 'vin medicines' - 'doctor wines', added to the blend, they affect the acidity, whilst the older reserve wines, 10-20 years old are 'vins d'épices' - 'spice wines' added for complexity and intensity. It is this large proportion of mature reserve wines and the extra ageing process that makes Brut Réserve NV one of the world's best non-vintage champagnes - often compared in quality to the prestige cuvées of other producers.

We are currently selling Charles Heidsieck Brut Réserve NV based on 2010, so 60% of the assemblage is from 2010 and the other 40% is a blend of reserves wines from older vintages.

Wine Competition Trophies:
The Champagne and Sparkling Wine World Championships 2016 - World Champion Classic Non-Vintage Brut Blend

Technical Information:
Vineyards: 100% Grand & Premier Cru | 60 Crus | Chardonnay: Oger | Pinot Noir: Ambonnay | Pinot Meunier: Verneuil
Grape Varieties: 40% Chardonnay, 40% Pinot Noir, 20% Pinot Meunier
Base Vintage: 2010
Reserve Wine: 40%
Ageing: 6 years on the lees
Disgorged: 2016
Dosage: 10 g/l
Cork: Mytik Diam Technological
Drink: Now to 2030

Tasting Note: Pale gold with fine and persistent bubbles, this has wonderfully complex aromas of ripe apricot and almond. On the palate it's extremely creamy, rich and fresh and also surprisingly nutty - likely a consequence of the age and high percentage of reserve wines. This is without doubt one of the best non-vintages around.
Press Reviews
+
Champagne Charles Heidsieck Overview
+
Provenance
+
Delivery Options
+
Gift Wrap & Cards
+
Charles Heidsieck History
+
More Charles Heidsieck Champagnes Vintage Overviews Grand & Premier Crus Explained